Development: 50 mins
– Inform students that their paintings should be complete by the end of the class.
– Children work in groups of 4 to continue their painting
– Encourage them to add plenty of detail. If their paint is dry from the previous week, they can begin this week by adding details with pens and pencils on top of the dry paint.
Conclusion: 25 mins
– Decide on a way to hang these paintings in the class.
- Sit together to talk about all of the places that are needed in a community. Did they miss any of these when they imagined their island, run by children. It is likely they missed service spaces, talk about the necessity of hospitals, post offices, police stations, places of worship for a community. How do these places help us to live happily together? What services do they provide? How do people who work in these place help to provide care for a community?
- Ask the children to write a short text about this island, considering these services alongside all of the other fun facilities.
Imagine an Island Run by Children: Lesson 1
Brainstorming and map making
Imagine an Island Run by Children: Lesson 2
Imagine an Island Run by Children: Lesson 3
Imagine an Island Run by Children: Lesson 4
Space matters when it becomes a place : Build, draw, build, reflect
If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.