Summer: Environment Alphabet: Lesson 3
Making the colouring book
Warm-up: 10 minutes
- Ask children to choose one of their research plants, flowers, trees and animals for inclusion in the compilation for the colouring book.
- Explain that the image should be suitable for colouring, so sections of the drawing will need to be just outlined so colouring can happen!
Introduction: 10 minutes
- Ask children to draw their chosen flora or fauna on an A4 sheet, first in pencil and then outlined in black pen or washable marker.
Development: 15 minutes
- Invite children to explore font types and writing styles on some scrap paper. -Invite children to explore font types and writing styles on
some scrap paper.
- Ask children to add text to their drawing; consisting of the flora or fauna’s name in both languages and any folklore details.
Conclusion: 10 mins
- Encourage children to share their completed drawings with the entire class, laid out in alphabetical order.
- Photocopy the drawings (ideally on reverse side also, in recycled paper.)
- Explore your own creativity by designing a simple front page for the colouring book.
- Bound drawings together into a book, using staples.