Warm-up: 10 minutes
- Explore with the children Katie Holten’s ‘New York City tree alphabet’ again, looking in particular at her style of drawing.
Introduction: 10 minutes
- Ask children to share their research on native and non-native plants, flowers, trees and animals with the class, explaining particular features that arose their interest, and any interesting folklore stories that they discovered.
- Ask children to draw their research on native and non-native plants, flowers, trees and animals in a series of pencil line drawings on A4 paper.
- Students can then outline their drawings in washable black marker.
Conclusion: 5 mins
- Invite students to share their drawings with class as a studio tour.